Wednesday, January 13, 2016

My Goals for 2016!


I haven't made new year's resolutions for a few years, I like to do goals. Goals are usually way more achievable, since they're usually pretty specific. I don't get upset when I don't achieve them (like stopping to crack my knuckles), but I do usually try pretty hard.


My Nova Scotia honeymoon mug and my KOBO Aura
Reading:
  • Re-read old favourites: The Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings, and Island of the Blue Dolphins
  • Read all 5 Canada Reads 2016 Finalist books. 
    • The short list will be announced January 20th, but for now I can start to think about the 15 that are currently listed. 
Canada Reads 2016 is all about “starting over.” The show will feature books about transformation and second chances, stories of migrants, immigrants and others who are choosing - or forced - to make major changes in their lives.
  • Goodreads 2016 Challenge of 100 books. 
    • I was proud of myself for achieving 200 in 2015, but at the end of the year when I was working full-time, I felt like I was rushing myself, and that I didn't have time to read more literary novels. 

Fitness:
  • Work up to a forearm stand and then a handstand! I've been able to do headstands for a while, but haven't practiced the functional arm strength to do a handstand instead. Want to do it too? Here are some steps
    • The picture on the left is my second time managing to balance for a few seconds, and now I'm working on transitioning from a headstand directly to the forearm stand!
  • Cardio 2-3 times a week.
    • I'm very good at getting in my daily yoga practice (30-60 minutes, depending on how my body is feeling), and getting weights in (since that's my favourite part of my fitness routine), but cardio is a fight. 
Before the Christmas Eve service with my wonderful husband
Relationships and Marriage:
  • A date outside our home at least twice a month. 
    • While we love spending quiet evenings at home, (and saving money!) it would be great to explore a little more of our city. I also miss going for long walks like we did for a while. 
    • Next Wednesday we're going to take advantage of Wednesday night free admission to the AGO for our date!
  • Have one (or more!) friend date a month, to strengthen those relationships and get me out of my head

Personal:
  • Continue my daily gratitude practice in my journal. I write in 3 things I am grateful for that day.
    • It's a great way to find the positive things in your life if you're feeling a little down. It really helped me when I was in my latest depression rut. 
  • Take myself on one date a month.
    • I used to do that before, I'd go read in a coffee shop or check out the National Art Gallery, but I haven't done that since moving to Toronto.
  • Cleanse my closet. 
    • Even though I got rid of a truckload of clothes before moving to Toronto, I still have lots of stuff that I don't wear and don't want to get rid of. I need to. Maybe I'll do a capsule wardrobe!

Blogging:
  • Find ways to engage my readers so that we can get a dialogue going
  • Make blogger friends!
What are your goals for 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment